Parental Care Ministries and our related entities know the privacy of your personal information; how we use and share it is vital to you. We value your privacy and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us. We will never sell your personal information, and we will only share or use it as described here.
HOW WE OPERATE
We engage your data in line with the GDPR nationally and globally. We are committed to maintaining your rights and allow all our supporters to change or withdraw their opt-in options at any time.
Parental Care’s headquarters are in Mbarara, Uganda. - Supported by our international footprint where our partners and sponsors station and raise support to enable us to meet the needs of the most vulnerable in Uganda and East Africa.
This policy relates to supporters of Parental Care internationally. It applies to individuals who have registered with Parental Care as a sponsor, donor, partner, PCM Choir host, visitor, volunteer, customer, or a person who relates with us in any other capacity where the processing of your data is vital to offer you these services.
WHAT DATA DOES PARENTAL CARE COLLECT
We collect personal data when you voluntarily submit it to us to complete a transaction. It includes:
- Data you provide when you set up your sponsorship
- Data you provide when you make a donation
- Data you provide when you sign up to receive updates from us
- Data you provide when you sign up to volunteer, visit Parental Care, or partner with us
- Data you provide related to PCM Choir inquiries, bookings, and hosting
- Data you provide when you use our website
- Data relating to purchases and other transactions
- Data given and stored as part of our ongoing relationship
SCOPE OF CONSENT
Once you have given your consent, you can amend or withdraw your consent at any time. We respect all user rights. If you have any comments, concerns, or complaints, contact us.
Under the data protection laws, you have the right to:
- Request access to your data
- Request correction of your data
- Request deletion of your data
- Object to processing of your data
- Request restriction of the use of your data
- Request transfer of your data
- Right to withdraw consent
HOW WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR DATA
We collect data to primarily process donations, sponsorships, volunteering and visiting applications, choir booking and hosting data, and to provide you with information related to our projects, events, and activities.
A Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Encryption is engaged when collecting or transferring credit card information via the internet, ensuring a secure environment while transferring your confidential data from your browser to our financial institution using the latest encryption technology.
We will only use your data for the purpose for which we collected it! We will only retain it for as long as necessary to fulfill that purpose, including satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Should we need to use your data outside of the purpose it is collected, we will notify you ahead of time and explain the legal grounds for use.
We also use your data for internal and analytical purposes, where appropriate, so that we’re able to understand our base of supporters and improve our communication and processes accordingly.
Concerning the information that you provide to us, we are obliged to handling that information securely. We comply with the Data Protection and Privacy Act, specific to your country in the way we use and share your data.
Parental Care intends to ensure that your data is safe, adhering to the Principles of Data Protection which require that your data:
- Shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions have adhered.
- Shall be obtained only for one or more of the purposes specified by law - and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes
- Shall be adequate, relevant, and not excessive concerning those purpose(s)
- Shall be accurate and, where necessary, keep updated
- Shall not be kept for longer than is necessary
- Shall be processed under the rights of data subjects
- Shall be kept secure by Parental Care who takes appropriate technical and other measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing or accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not trade, share, or sell information that you provide to us with other organizations who intend or use it commercially for their products or services to you.
There may be instances in which we share your information with others as legally required; or with companies that provide us services where the information is needed to complete the transaction (such as our third-party merchandise store).
CONTACT US AND EXERCISE YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS
CLICK HERE for our International Support Offices contact information. We fully comply with Data Protection legislation and assist in any investigation or request made by the appropriate authorities.
HOW TO ALTER YOUR CONSENT
You may contact any of the Parental Care International Support Offices to change or update your preferences at any time.
CLICK HERE for our International Support Offices contact information.